- Other Online Programs
- Contact Us
Become Influential in the Lives of Students
You may already be working with youth or enjoy helping children through their developmental stages. Become a licensed school counselor to further build your students’ social-emotional competencies. Walsh University’s online Master of Arts in Counseling and Human Development – School Counseling program teaches you how to facilitate individual, group and crisis counseling, develop prevention and intervention programs for at-risk students, assist learning disabled students, and facilitate connection to community resources for students and parents. Refine your skills through two internships and a final practicum that fully prepare you to earn your school counseling license in Ohio or several other approved states.
- Build comprehensive knowledge of the school counseling profession, including its history, philosophy, and recent trends.
- Apply counseling approaches to clients/students and families experiencing trauma or loss such as suicide, death of a parent or sibling, homicide, or unexpected death.
- Address issues such as academic achievement, mood and anxiety, oppositional and defiant behavior, sexuality, and substance use/abuse.
- Influence students’ lives through learned counseling methods.
- Consult, collaborate and lead within the educational system through organization/administration knowledge.
- Learn counseling assessment and intervention for relational mental and behavioral problems.
The Walsh Online Master of Arts in Counseling and Human Development program is fully aligned with our CACREP-accredited on-ground program.
U.S. News & World Report
#56 in Best Value Schools Midwest
Recognized as a College of Distinction for Ohio universities, Catholic universities, and overall for 2020-2021
- Fall 2021 Classes: August 23, 2021
- Now accepting applications!
Online School Counseling
Program Fast Facts
- Fully online/no campus visits required
- 1:1 faculty guidance
- 100% graduate placement rate within 6 months
- 60 credits / 10 semesters
- 100 practicum hours
- 600 internship hours
- 5 starts per year
- Earn your license in Ohio or several other approved states
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale preferred (No GRE required with 3.0 GPA)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Affidavit of good moral character
- Virtual interview
- Writing sample
Online School Counseling Program Curriculum
Below is a sample list of courses you will take while enrolled in the online School Counseling program. After finishing 60 credit hours of coursework, you will complete 100 practicum hours and 600 internship hours within your community. For a full list of courses, please download a brochure.