- Contact Us
Endorsed by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board
100% Online Coursework
Compassionate faculty with an emphasis on human dignity
Specialize to Help Clients Conquer Chemical Dependency
Gain essential knowledge through Walsh University’s flexible, online Graduate Certificate in Addictions Counseling program to enhance your online Clinical Mental Health Counseling or School Counseling degree (coming soon). Or enter the program to better assist clients in your current profession. Endorsed by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board, this program is beneficial for counselors, nurses, therapists, or any healthcare professionals working with at-risk populations. You can be part of the solution, helping to address Ohio’s high drug overdose death rate. Ohio has the second highest rate of death due to drug overdose (46.3 per 100,000 people), and addictions to opioids, heroin, fentanyl and carfentanil, as well as overdoses, continue to rise. The Ohio Substance Abuse Monitoring Network has reported an increase in meth usage in the Akron-Canton area.
The chemical dependency certificate program prepares you with evidence-based practice, assessment, and treatment plans for addictions counseling.
- Identify models and theories of addiction, the effects of addiction on individuals, and differentiate addiction from other medical/psychological conditions.
- Utilize the dynamics and components of group therapy with diverse, addicted populations.
- Apply theories, models, and techniques of assessing/treating dysfunctional relationships.
- Gain an understanding of pharmacology of drugs of abuse, drugs used in detoxification, and the treatment of addiction and mental/emotional disorders.
- Use models and methods for addiction prevention, needs assessment, and intervention strategies.
- Help clients through treatment planning and relapse prevention, utilizing treatment strategies for individual needs/characteristics.
Online Chemical Dependency
Certificate Program Fast Facts
- Fully online/no campus visits required
- 1:1 faculty guidance
- Cost per credit hour - $745
- 3-5 classes
- 9-15 credit hours
- 3 starts per year (Fall, Spring and Summer)
- Practice in Ohio
- Completed application
- Master's degree from an accredited institution
- Proof of internship experience and licensure
- Faculty interview
- Classes start: August 23, 2021
- Now accepting applications!
Online Chemical Dependency Certificate Program Curriculum
Below is the full list of courses you will take while enrolled in the online Chemical Dependency Counseling Certificate program.