- Contact Us
Become Influential in the Lives of Students
Earn your Masters in School Counseling and become a licensed school counselor to further build your students’ social-emotional competencies. Walsh University’s online Master of Arts in Counseling and Human Development – School Counseling program teaches you how to facilitate individual, group and crisis counseling, develop prevention and intervention programs for at-risk students, assist learning-disabled students, and facilitate connection to community resources for students and parents.
- Guide students’ Academic Journey - Address issues such as academic achievement, mood and anxiety, oppositional and defiant behavior, sexuality, and substance use/abuse
- Hands-on Experience - Refine your skills through two internships and a final practicum that fully prepare you to earn your school counseling license
- Support Your Community - Apply counseling approaches to clients, students and families experiencing trauma or loss such as suicide, death of a parent or sibling, homicide, or unexpected death.
- Comprehensive Online Learning - Walsh University's on-ground CACREP-accredited Master of Arts in Counseling and Human Development program is now a fully online masters in school counseling program.
- Now accepting applications
- Start Date: March 13, 2023
- Prepare for Licensure
100% of our 2019 students passed their NCE on first attempt and landed jobs within six months of graduation.
- Core Knowledge
Engage in a flexible program that teaches core competencies, counseling in practice, ethical, legal, and professional foundations to serve diverse cultures and communities.
- Field Experience
Practicum and internship sites within your community helps you build experiential hours to gain licensure and enter the field ready to support others
Choose from five convenient starts per year and complete your coursework 100% online, with no on-campus visits required.
- No GRE or MAT Required
When entering the program with a 3.0 GPA or higher, you will not be required to take a GRE or MAT exam prior to enrolling.
- Compassionate Faculty
Guided by Catholic values with an emphasis on human dignity, Walsh provides you with 1:1 faculty guidance to prepare you to become a licensed counselor ready to serve.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale preferred (No GRE required with 3.0 GPA)
- Completion of online application and supporting materials
$10,000 stipend opportunity available to students who are accepted into the COPE program and commit to doing their field experience in an underserved or high-needs area in Northeast OH. Learn more about our COPE program here.
Online School Counseling Program Curriculum
Below is a sample list of courses you will take while enrolled in the online School Counseling program. After finishing 60 credit hours of coursework, you will complete 100 practicum hours and 600 internship hours within your community. For a full list of courses, please download a brochure.
Ranked a Best Value School in the MidwestU.S. News & World Report
Recognized as a College of Distinction for Ohio universities, Catholic universities, and overall for 2020-2021