- Contact Us
Be the Support Others Need
Build a rewarding career that serves a greater purpose. Walsh University’s online Master of Arts in Counseling and Human Development – Clinical Mental Health Counseling program prepares knowledgeable, compassionate professionals for a career supporting those in need, and you can complete the entire program in your own community, no campus visits required.
A wide choice of electives gives you applicable knowledge in clinical mental health theories, processes, and treatments. Refine your skills through two internships and a final practicum that fully prepare you to earn your Clinical Mental Health Counseling license in Ohio or several other approved states.
- Become an independent licensed practitioner and develop and apply your own philosophy for counseling and consultation
- Address clinical problems in your clients to help them improve coping and functioning skills
- Gain an understanding of the history and philosophy of the counseling profession and professional counseling roles
- Analyze conflicts and crises associated with progression throughout the lifespan
- Confidently diagnose/treat mental and emotional disorders
- Promote the wellness and full development of individuals, groups, and families
Walsh University's on-ground CACREP-accredited Master of Arts in Counseling and Human Development program is now offered fully online.
- Now accepting applications
- Start Date: March 13, 2023
Ranked a Best Value School in the Midwest
U.S. News & World Report
Recognized as a College of Distinction for Ohio universities, Catholic universities, and overall for 2021-2022
- Prepare for Licensure
100% of our 2021 students passed their NCE on first attempt and landed jobs within six months of graduation.
- Core Knowledge
Engage in a flexible program that teaches core competencies, counseling in practice, ethical, legal, and professional foundations to serve diverse cultures and communities.
- FIeld Experience
Practicum and internship sites within your community helps you build experiential hours to gain licensure and enter the field ready to support others.
Choose from five convenient starts per year and complete your coursework 100% online, with no on-campus visits required.
- No GRE or MAT Required
When entering the program with a 3.0 GPA or higher, you will not be required to take a GRE or MAT exam prior to enrolling.
- Compassionate Faculty
Guided by Catholic values with an emphasis on human dignity, Walsh provides you with 1:1 faculty guidance to prepare you to become a licensed counselor ready to serve.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale preferred (No GRE required with 3.0 GPA)
- Completion of online application and supporting materials
$10,000 stipend opportunity available to students who are accepted into the COPE program and commit to doing their field experience in an underserved or high-needs area in Northeast OH. Learn more about our COPE program here.
Online Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program Curriculum
Below is a sample list of courses you will take while enrolled in the online Clinical Mental Health Counseling program. After finishing 60 credit hours of coursework, you will complete 100 practicum hours and 600 internship hours within your community. For a full list of courses, please download a brochure.