- Other Online Programs
- Contact Us
Be the Support Others Need
Build a rewarding career that serves a greater purpose. Walsh University’s online Master of Arts in Counseling and Human Development – Clinical Mental Health Counseling program prepares knowledgeable, compassionate professionals for a career supporting those in need, and you can complete the entire program in your own community, no campus visits required.
A wide choice of electives gives you applicable knowledge in clinical mental health theories, processes, and treatments. Refine your skills through two internships and a final practicum that fully prepare you to earn your Clinical Mental Health Counseling license in Ohio or several other approved states.
- Become an independent licensed practitioner and develop and apply your own philosophy for counseling and consultation
- Address clinical problems in your clients to help them improve coping and functioning skills
- Gain an understanding of the history and philosophy of the counseling profession and professional counseling roles
- Analyze conflicts and crises associated with progression throughout the lifespan
- Confidently diagnose/treat mental and emotional disorders
- Promote the wellness and full development of individuals, groups, and families
The Walsh Online Master of Arts in Counseling and Human Development program is fully aligned with our CACREP-accredited on-ground program.
- Application Deadline: February 25, 2022
- Spring B Start Date: March 14, 2022
U.S. News & World Report
#56 in Best Value Schools Midwest
Recognized as a College of Distinction for Ohio universities, Catholic universities, and overall for 2020-2021
Online Clinical Mental Health Counseling Fast Facts
- Fully online/no campus visits required
- 1:1 faculty guidance
- 100% job placement rate within 6 months of graduation
- 60 credits / 10 semesters
- 100 practicum hours
- 600 internship hours
- 5 intakes per year
- Earn your license in Ohio or several other approved states
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale preferred (No GRE required with 3.0 GPA)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Affidavit of good moral character
- Virtual interview
- Writing sample
$10,000 stipend opportunity available to qualified students! Contact Rose Mogus at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-490-7264, or visit walsh.edu/cope for details!
Online Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program Curriculum
Below is a sample list of courses you will take while enrolled in the online Clinical Mental Health Counseling program. After finishing 60 credit hours of coursework, you will complete 100 practicum hours and 600 internship hours within your community. For a full list of courses, please download a brochure.