- Bachelor of Arts: Psychology, The Ohio State University;
- Master of Arts: Counseling and Art Therapy, Ursuline College;
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counseling and Human Development Services, Kent State University
Dr. Emily L. Dennis earned her Ph.D. in Counseling and Human Development Services from Kent State University. Her previous education includes a bachelor of arts degree from The Ohio State University in psychology and history of art and a master of arts degree in Counseling and Art Therapy from Ursuline College. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Ohio, and her clinical work has been with children, adolescents, and families in a variety of settings. Dr. Dennis’ research interests include the impacts of study and practice on the personal relationships of professional counselors, creativity in counseling, and emotional intelligence in counselor education. She has presented at state, regional, and national conferences. She has also been an invited presenter for workshops and lectures. In addition, Dr. Dennis served four years as a trustee to the Association for Creativity in Counseling board.
Publications and Presentations:
- Dennis, E. L. (2022). Professional Counselors' Experiences and Understandings of Personal Relationship Role and Boundary Changes Following Counselor Education and Preparation [Doctoral dissertation, Kent State University]. OhioLINK Electronic Theses and Dissertations Center. http://rave.ohiolink.edu/etdc/view?acc_num=kent1668342426984909
- Limoges, C., Peets, T. J, Emde R. J. & Dennis, E. L. (2023, May 5). Engaging Online Students in a Creative Learning Environment: The Seven C’s Approach [Webinar]. Association for Counselor Education and Supervision. https://acesonline.net/aces-webinar-series/
- Dennis, E. L. (2018, September). Bridges, Walls, and Fences: Creative Interventions for
- Exploring Ethical Boundaries in Counselor Education and Supervision. 80-Minute
- Experiential Session at the Association for Creativity in Counseling Association Conference, Clearwater, FL.
- Office: Betzler Science Center 145