Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Trinity University
Master of Education, Counselor Education and Supervision, University of North Florida
Doctor of Philosophy, Counselor Education and Supervision, Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi
Dr. Ward received her doctorate in Counselor Education and Supervision from Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi in 2009. Dr. Ward joined the team at Walsh University in 2023. Dr. Ward previously served a full-time faculty member at CACREP accredited institutions in Missouri and Virginia. Prior to receiving her doctorate, Dr. Ward worked as a school counselor in elementary and middle schools. Dr. Ward’s specialty area is school counseling and application of the ASCA National Model®. She currently serves as a reviewer for the ASCA Special Program Awards accreditation for school counselor preparation programs. Her research interests include school counseling, school connectedness and academic achievement, rural school counseling, understanding, and responding to issues facing military-connected children and their families, and resiliency in military families.
Publications and Presentations:
- Drew, D., Ward, C., Gibbons, M. McNichols, C., & Witt, K. J. (2021). The reality of rurality: Counselor education and supervision in the rural environment. Association of Counselor Education and Supervision 2021 National Conference, Atlanta, GA.
- Ward, C. & Speck, J. (2019). Military 101: Helping military connected students succeed. American School Counselor Association 2019 National Conference, Boston, MA.
- Speck, J. & Ward, C. (2019). Using technology to revolutionize rural school counseling. American School Counselor Association 2019 National Conference, Boston, MA.
- Ward, C. (2018). Support for Military Families. ASCA School Counselor. 55(3), 11-15.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org